Fact-Checking Sound Bites, Finding the Truth, and Avoiding Fake News
Part of the Academic Adulting workshop series.
Do you feel constantly bombarded by information but don't know what is fact, fiction, or rumors? In this workshop, you will learn how to become your own fact-checker, understand the impact of bias, and become a more informed evaluator of the information you consume and share.
- Identify characteristics of “fake news” and misinformation and why it exists.
- Reflect on how our own opinions impact the way we evaluate information.
- Practice using criteria for evaluating the information you find online.
SPuRS Credit: Personal and Interpersonal Knowledge
Presenter: Dianna Sachs, Health and Human Services Librarian
- Thursday, October 13, 2022
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Classroom A (Waldo 1070) (Map )
- Waldo Library
- Dianna Sachs