Part of the Academic Adulting workshop series.
Brush up on common notetaking and academic writing strategies to write ethically and avoid plagiarism. This workshop will review skills like elaboration, concept mapping, and using note cards to write from ideas, not from quotes; all tools to help avoid common traps in academic writing like patchwriting and paraphrasing.
- Identify challenges when writing from sources.
- Recognize how plagiarism, patchwriting and paraphrasing differ.
- Apply techniques to write from ideas, not from quotes.
SPuRS Credit: Personal and Interpersonal Knowledge
Presenter: Professor Ed Eckel, Engineering Librarian
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Classroom A (Waldo 1070) (Map )
- Waldo Library
- Edward Eckel