Introduction to Mendeley Desktop - Reference Management software
* Intended for graduate students and faculty in the College of Education and Human Development, but open to anyone.
Learn to use the free reference management software Mendeley to save your references, annotate and take notes on your articles, and create bibliographies for your papers and articles. Mendeley allows you to organize your article, book and report references using folders, tag them for easy search and retrieval, and access them on any device using the desktop software, iPhone/iPad/Android apps, and through a web browser through Mendeley.com. References created on any device sync seamlessly with your account on the web, and are accessible on any of your other devices. In addition, connect with other like-minded researchers through over 100,000 public research groups. Participants are encouraged to create a Mendeley Web account ahead of time so that they are ready to begin working in the workshop. Participants are welcome to bring their own laptops.
Participants will learn how to:
- Import references from library databases into their Mendeley Desktop accounts
- Create new references by importing research articles in PDF format
- Organize references using folders and tags
- Annotate PDFs by highlighting and taking notes
- Create bibliographies in MS Word
- Create research groups for sharing references and notes with colleagues
Related LibGuide: Mendeley at WMU by Edward Eckel
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Swain Education Library
- Michele Behr